It is worth bearing in mind that all jewellery is delicate to some degree and because we want you to enjoy your purchase for many years we suggest the following tips for keeping it in good condition.Do ...
- Store all items separately in their individual bags to avoid scratching. Necklaces and bracelets are best stored coiled to prevent kinking.
- Wear your jewellery regularly. This will help slow the natural process of tarnishing as it comes into contact with the natural oils of your skin.
- Store jewellery away from flowing air and humidity, particularly not in a bathroom.
- Clean silver regularly with a good quality precious metal polishing cloth.
- Wipe pearls with a damp cloth after wearing to keep the lustre.
- Use harsh abrasives and chemical cleaners. These can easily damage delicate beads, particularly soft, porous stones such as turquoise, amber and freshwater pearls
- Wear your jewellery whilst applying perfume, hairspray, body lotions, etc as the chemicals can damage the metal and gemstones.
- Wear your jewellery bathing or in the shower to avoid building up a soapy film.
- Wear your jewellery when exercising. The salts and acids in perspiration and the chlorine in swimming pools can all damage metal and gemstones.